OLED is the newest display technology in market now, as same as the modern OLED TV (Not LED TV, it use LCD with LED back-light), it can emitting light by it self, no back-light needed, so it's good for battery powered electronics, the maximum supplied current we test is: 18mA when all dots lighting.
What is OLED?
OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode) is a self light-emitting technology composed of a thin, multi-layered organic film placed between an anode and cathode. In contrast to LCD technology, OLED does not require a backlight. OLED possesses high application potential for virtually all types of displays and is regarded as the ultimate technology for the next generation of flat-panel displays.
How Does OLED Emit Light?
OLEDs basic structure consists of organic materials positioned between the cathode and the anode, which is composed of electric conductive transparent Indium Tin Oxide (ITO). The organic materials compose a multi-layered thin film, which includes the Hole Transporting Layer (HTL), Emission Layer (EML) and the Electron Transporting Layer (ETL). By applying the appropriate electric voltage, holes and electrons are injected into the EML from the anode and the cathode, respectively. The holes and electrons combine inside the EML to form excitation, after which electroluminescence occurs. The transfer material, emission layer material and choice of electrode are the key factors that determine the quality of OLED components.
● Wide viewing range, almost 180 degree from left to right and up to down, you may know the modern LED TV now, this screen is made by same technoledge, Better than LCD.
● Working voltage 3-5V application.
● Save lots of the I/O resources: these products only need 2 I/O pins from your controller that depends on the communication type you want.
● Easy to use: the commands sending to products are easy to remember and understand.
● Supports many MCU: Arduino, ARM, PIC, AVR, 51 Series, MSP430 Series.
● You can display contents in 4 different directions: 0º, 90º, 180º, 270º(clockwise) on same screen, the product will map the coordinate accordingly.
● Power Supply: 3.3V to 5V
● Power consumption: maximum 20mA when all dots light on
● Communication mode: IIC
● Work with all micro-controller and microprocessor
● Communication signal can work on 3.3V and 5.0V
● Pixels: 128x64, high bright self light emitting
● Simple command sets, easy to remember